Monday, March 03, 2008

Remember

None is righteous. None close
I am no exception. I am no rose
A spiritual man. Some say I am
If they only knew the blood on my hands
If they only knew of the words of my tongue
That role off in an instant and fire like a gun
The one’s that I love have scars that speak words
The novel of blackness. The prose of the dirt
If they only knew the thoughts of my mind
The stings of the flesh. The endeavors of the blind
All the little secrets that I wish to leave behind
The darkness of the heart may I never again find.
This muck and this mire I must never forget
For it’s truth and it’s darkness and the depth of the pit
Show the great distance from which God has reached down
To save a wicked sinner. To lift dirt from the ground
At the cross of Christ the chief of sinners redeemed
New heart. New eyes. Now glory is seen.
I am worthy only of death. Now receiver of life
He made Him who knew none to endure pain and strife
O how many times I have forgotten
The great sacrifice of His only begotten
Who conquered the grave and was resurrected
Defeater of sin. I am no longer infected
To Him alone. Glory, honor, and praise
I once was blind but now I see. I once was dead. I have been raised.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris' Chronicles said...

Beautiful!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home