Monday, August 20, 2007

Getting Uncomfortable...

Joshua Harris is the guy popularly known for his book I Kissed Dating Goodbye. About 3 years ago he came out with a book entitled Stop Dating the Church. Judging from a recent Interview
by Outreach Magazine Harris offers some great biblical insight on the struggle with outreach that the Church faces today.

As someone in ministry, I can relate to Harris when he speaks about his own struggles with personal evangelism and the importance of stepping out of the typically squeaky clean comfort zone of the Christian life:


"...but I’d rather preach in front of 10,000 people than sit down across from one person and try to share the Gospel with her! I tend to do the wimpy style of evangelism that doesn’t require any challenging confrontations. That’s why I’m seeking to exert myself in forming friendships and finding natural ways to get involved in the lives of those who don’t know the Lord. It’s kind of silly, but I’ve done this by preparing my messages at the café in a local Whole Foods store. I’ve gotten to know all kinds of people who work there and formed some great friendships."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home