Monday, September 10, 2007

Save Me From Myself

Last Thursday night my wife and I took a trip to Barnes and Noble. Like many of my friends it is nearly impossible for me to spend more than 10 minutes in the place without buying a book. Also, it doesn't help that I have a membership card which promises at least 10% of each purchase (I highly recommend one to any reader). So I purchased a book that has stirred up some hype in secular and Christian media.

Save Me From Myself is a spiritual memoir by Brian "Head" Welch, the former guitarist of the "Metal" band Korn. The reason I recommend this book is not because of some deep theological discussion or anything like that (In fact, I disagree with some theological views). I recommend the book because it is a great testimony of the power of God in the life of a sinner. It was a reminder to me of the depths of my sin and wickedness and the overwhelming grace of God. He used it to remind me of His Sovereignty over all, even evil.





A less spiritual reason for reading the book is that I used to love me some Korn.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home